Sarasota artist Ponto Lambert (Catherine Thomas) has created a warm, intimate, and welcoming space in her cozy art studio in Snug Harbor Village in south Sarasota. People of all ages are finding joy with therapeutic painting.
Watch the ART FOR HEALING PROJECT every Sunday at noon on SNN
Discover for yourself the honest-to-goodness healing power of putting paintbrush to canvas.
Please take a moment to learn about The Art of Healing Project at Ponto Lambert Studio.
In our modern electronic, over-stimulating society, no one is free from times of stress and overwhelm. Everyone can benefit from unplugging, decompressing and engaging creative expression. No experience or special art talent is needed. Therapeutic painting is about the experience of painting, not the outcome.
Everyone can benefit from therapeutic painting. Studies have shown that art:
- Provides relief from stress, anxiety and depression
- Promotes clarity, calm and focus
- Creates a meditative state in the mind
- Encourages creative thinking
- Boosts self-esteem and a sense of accomplishment
- Increases brain connectivity and plasticity
- Increases empathy, tolerance and feelings of love
- Eases the burden of chronic illness
- Improves motor skills